- Be at least a college sophomore working on a pre-med curriculum in an accredited Georgia college or university.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or greater in qualifying science and math courses.
- Be a U.S. citizen by the date of the application deadline. Pending citizenship or Green Card Visa holders are not eligible.
- Be a legal resident of the State of Georgia.
- Have reliable transportation during the entire 4-week program.
- Submit an application that includes a 500–word essay entitled, “Why I’m Interested in Serving Rural Populations as a Primary Care Physician.”
- Submit and ensure official transcript* received by the deadline.
- Be able to attend the entire program from start to finish, no exceptions granted.
- Disqualification will occur if student applies to more than one Georgia PTMS program in a calendar year. (Applications are cross-referenced between AHEC regions).
*Please note: A copy of the student’s official transcript is required to complete the PTMS application. Official transcripts are only accepted directly from the college or university and must arrive for validation to SOWEGA-AHEC’s Special Projects Coordinator by the deadline date and time. The student is responsible for initiating and confirming the delivery. Be advised that this process can take up to 3 weeks for some schools.