8:00AM – 5:00PM
Free course, but PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED HERE
The Community Should Attend for An Opportunity to:
- Learn to recognize mental health crises in adult and provide support
- Receive Adult Mental Health First Aider status that is valid for three years
What is Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
- Adult MHFA is an 8-hour training to give individuals knowledge and tools to recognize mental health issues and provide support, specifically to adults. Similar to CPR, this training prepares a person with no clinical training to assist an adult going through a mental health crisis. Participants will learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illnesses and addictions as well as the five-step MHFA Action Plan (ALGEE) to assist someone to seek the appropriate professional help and other supports. This interactive course is taught through the use of modeling, group discussions, personal reflection, partner activities, and role-playing.
- Aspire Dougherty County Outpatient Clinic
- Georgia Southwestern State University
- National Council for Behavioral Health
- Southwest Georgia Area Health Education Center