Southwest Georgia Community Paramedicine Program (SOWEGA-CPP)
DATE: July 25, 2023
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
REGISTRATION: Click Here
Representatives from Southwest Georgia AHEC, Clinch Memorial Hospital, Coffee Regional Medical Center, Colquitt Regional Medical Center, Irwin County Hospital & Southwell
Administrators, Community Paramedicine Providers, Emergency Room Staff, Primary Care Providers, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, Public Health Providers, Healthcare Professional Students & Community Health Related Organization Representatives
- Provide a brief overview of the Southwest Georgia Community Paramedicine Network & Training Program grant funded by HRSA’s Rural Public Health Workforce Training Network Program.
- List lessons learned during the development and initial implementation phases of Rural Hospital-Based Community Paramedicine in Southwest Georgia.
- Describe Southwest Georgia Community Paramedicine Program regional community impacts in grant year one.
- Detail anticipated future rural community opportunities and impacts with Community Paramedicine.
Nurses: The Georgia Board of Nursing deems Southwest Georgia Area Health Education Center (SOWEGA-AHEC) as an approved provider for nursing continuing education (CE). This activity is approved for 1.5 contact hours towards the continuing education competency requirement for Georgia nursing licensure renewal. No partial credit offered. Activity #2023-05.
Submission of registration information, attendance and successful completion of evaluation required for nursing continuing education certificates.
Planners/speakers disclosed no potential conflicts of interest. No commercial support was provided for this activity.
Preceptor Bites: Teaching Telehealth
DATE: June 8, 2023
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
REGISTRATION: Click Here
Speaker: Lloyd Sirmons
Community-Based Faculty, MD/DO, PA, APRN
- Recognize competencies required for students to
use technology to provide care via telehealth
- Demonstrate how to apply virtual visit skills and
meet student competencies
- Identify evaluation practices to be used for feedback
or debriefing students for virtual visits
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through joint providership of Mercer University School of Medicine and Southwest Georgia AHEC. The Mercer University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Mercer University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: The Georgia Board of Nursing deems Southwest Georgia Area Health Education Center (SOWEGA-AHEC) as an approved provider for nursing continuing education (CE). This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour towards the continuing education competency requirement for Georgia nursing licensure renewal. No partial credit offered. Activity #2023-03.
Pathway to Med School Admissions Forum 2023
DATE: June 13, 2023
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
FREE, BUT REGISTRATION REQUIRED HERE
Thinking about a career in medicine? Learn what it takes to get into medical school.